[Koha-devel] Biblio.pm subject of a bug?

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Jul 25 02:31:57 CEST 2012

At 06:05 PM 7/24/2012 -0400, Jared Camins-Esakov wrote:
>Paul,
>Re: 3.6.6 Â Biblio.pm
>
>With preference set to "do not use zebra", saving an "item" fails: "Can't
>call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
>/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3104" (z39.50 and adding biblios
>works fine.
>There's your problem. You have your system set to not use Zebra.

Sorry Jared, I wasn't clear -- I cannot get zebra working (yet).  What I
did, was *temporarily* turn off "use zebra" in preferences, just so that I
could use search in the staff-client screens and pull up a biblio.  With
zebra absent, *none* of the search functions work at all with the "use
zebra" preference turned on - you can't find any item, biblio.  While I was
there I tried editing a biblio, adding a biblio etc (that works), then
adding an item, which failed. I then tried using two screens, one to pull
up the add/edit item page, and then on the other screen, turning
(non-functional) zebra preference back on, then going back to the first to
"add item"... and of course it worked.  Proof positive that zebra is an
absolute necessity.

>I found Ubuntu 12.04 very problematic, but Mark Tompsett has been doing a
>ton of work on making Koha 3.6.7 install so on Ubuntu 12.04 so smooth that
>you could sleep through it. Not only that, he and Tomas Cohen have been
>working on making the installation of all versions of Koha on Ubuntu
>smoother. They have a great set of instructions at
><http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu>http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

I'm well aware of that page (I've compared it line by line with my notes,
could not find any difference, except he does not use memcached and
memoise, and he apt-get's the LAMP server, while I prefer to do Apache2,
Perl and MySQL separately, and he does not mention either ssh or Samba both
of which I use.)

I also note that it's only in the last day or so that he has added the
mention of Ubuntu 12.04, which he now says works for Koha 3.6.7.

Anyway, I've just repartioned the sandbox, installed a fresh 12.04 server,
and am right now wget'ting 3.6.7

More later -- I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I screwed something
up last time :{

Again thanks - Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>