[Koha-devel] Koha Catalyst Work

Travis Elliott Davis elliott at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Jul 26 22:56:06 CEST 2012

slef,

Both good thoughts.  On the issue of performance you are correct catalyst is big.  I am not sure if there would be a performance loss or not.  My inclination would be to say about the same but that is just my intuition.  Having used Catalyst several years ago as well there were some things that hurt its performance that I feel have been remedied.  I would be open to a way to do performance testing between the two and see how it comes out.  Obviously the problem here is that you can't really compare them side by side since only one is built.  I feel like you could do some smaller unit test on functions to see how they perform.

You are also correct with the comment about Catalyst and Debian packages.  There is a stable version of Catalyst that still works in packages but there are modules that aren't compatible with it (namely CatalystX).  I have had good luck compiling catalyst from CPAN.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out and providing some feedback!

A little update, I'm afraid my github repo is a little unstable at the moment while I get everything moved from a package install to a compiled install.