[Koha-devel] About IRC meeting & voting

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 14 09:51:15 CEST 2012

Hello world,

Sorry for missing yesterday IRC meeting, but after 10 days away from
home, my family needed me (and it was 8PM here !)

During the meeting, Owen said, as a joke:
oleonard> 24-hour meeting, votes ever hour, day-end averages win.

but i'm not sure it should be a joke: there is always someone sleeping
or (wanting to) during the IRC meeting.
So shouldn't we vote not during IRC meeting, but just confirm the vote,
that is made during a period before the IRC meeting, on an other tool,
like wiki, gdoc, yell +1 / 0 / -1 on the mailing list, a tool like
http://www.ballotbin.com/ (untested, just found it in google) or
whatever you want.

I think that would also help more people being involved: attending an
IRC meeting is, for some, a too high barrier (in France, there's a
barrier with the language, for example).

More vote, more involvement,... sounds a good deal isn't it ?

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com