[Koha-devel] Koha API for use in mobile app

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Thu Jun 14 14:11:55 CEST 2012

Hi and sorry for the delay!

On 31 May 2012 22:02, Robert Nay <robert at naygames.com> wrote:
> I am looking to create an iPhone/Android app for my local library, and am
> wondering about the best way to go about this. Does Koha have some API that
> can be accessed from a third-party client (in this case, a mobile
> application)? Koha pages seem to have an "unapi" link in them, is this
> something that could be used? I am relatively new to Koha, so any help or
> advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know unapi, but what I would recommend looking at is ILS-DI and SRU.

ILS-DI is activated with the ILS-DI syspref, and is self documenting, see e.g.:
http://head.bibkat.no/cgi-bin/koha/ilsdi.pl

To get SRU working you need to enable the Z39.50 server in your
koha-conf.xml file.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Magnus Enger