[Koha-devel] Bug 7167 New updatedatabase

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Jun 16 13:48:47 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Marcel de Rooy <M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl>wrote:

> Thanks your feedback until now!
> I tend to agree more with Mason here. If Paul adjusts his patch to meet
> QA, let's move forward with that patch. Adding the REVERT logic would make
> it even better later on.

I agree w/Mason also. We can build on Paul's work going forward.

> To get the discussion further, I think we still need two answers:
> 1) Should we add the distinction between numbered approved dbrevs and
> unnumbered ones in testing stage that I suggested in my QA comments?

+1 I think the RM should have the job of choosing DB numbers in any case.
That removes a bunch of administrative type headaches.

> 2) As Jared suggested, should we leave enabling the development mode of
> this feature in an environment variable (DEBUG, set in Apache conf)?

+1 Here again, this is a sysadmin type function. Moving it to sysprefs is
asking for trouble from curious users imho.

Kind Regards,
Chris