[Koha-devel] Social library

Uy nguyenquocuy_1102 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 23:40:34 CEST 2012

 Hi everyone!
I have worked with Koha for 4 month. I am not a programer, i just know php mysql and html. Love koha and i want to share some ideas with you guys. Hope that some developer get the same ideas and will make it come true.
   We know now facebook is really famous, and how do you think about the social library? I think, if we have a social library, the patrons will be interested more and more with our library. Let me give you example in my opinion: A patron join into OPAC site, and they will see that in 5 days from his last checkout, how many his friends came to library, what kinds of books they borrowed? It looks like a small wall on facebook. Now i can see that the OPAC when an user login in KOHA is quite sad, i mean there is a very little thing, which can make them stay on our library'site longer!
   I know that we are working with a library managment system, i can't dream more and more, but i think our student really love it. Thanks for reading, and i love to receive your reply.

Kindest Regards!
Nguyen Quoc Uy