[Koha-devel] Social library

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 04:50:44 CEST 2012

Salvete!

    Two things. The first is that Paul is not only French, but also quite modest. So, he will probably not tell you that he was working on making Koha and SOPAC work together (at least a few years back.) This *might* satisfy your needs (or you might think it's lipstick on the pig.)

http://thesocialopac.net/

    The second thing. *begins the not a lawyer dance* I am not a lawyer, so this should not be considered legal advice, BUT, I should think that this could be worked around with a multi lock [as in canal] system should folks feel like working on it. The first lock would be ensuring that it was a system preference that a Library could toggle on or off. That should keep you out of sweeping legal trouble in the case that your country or locality forbids collection of data. The second lock of sorts would be that individual Patrons could choose to opt in should they feel like doing so. In theory, this might be layered. That way, I could share the information with my friends, but in the event that the Library as a whole had summat like a large screen at the Library, I might be able to opt out of just that feature.
     I would think that anonymised data in the US would be fine if kept as a general statistic anyway, specifically reader's advisory suggestions. (As in did you like X? then try Y.)

    Please keep the new ideas coming, that's how we get better :D

Cheers,
Brooke