[Koha-devel] Social library

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 14:10:01 CEST 2012

Salve!

>        Fisrt, thanks for sharing this: http://thesocialopac.net/. It's really nice way to find some help. I agree with you about the law's problem. We can solve it with some option for user to choose like "sharing you action to your friends, not sharing...". And if u ask, where we can put this Wall on the Opac website, i think we can creat one more little menu like- "My friend's action" above the "My summary" on the menu.
>        We can make a default like sharing your actions with your classmates (for shool's library or university's library). After friend's action, you can comment, like (it looks like in facebook). I think, the main idea is that, you can share your opinion about some books, recommend it to friends... We did have all databases, how can we make it comes true? I hope some programmer can do it and i think they really can.

    Well hmm. Now I'm just wondering if you're viewing an older version of Koha, perhaps... Have you seen:

http://catalog.losgatosca.gov/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=117395

     Be sure and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on all of the tabs and stuff. I'm not entirely sure that I'm fully understanding precisely what enhancements you want, but we might already be doing part of what you propose. :)

Cheers,
Brooke