[Koha-devel] bugzilla upgrade

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Mar 2 15:11:59 CET 2012

Hello koha-devel,

Last night, Chris C. has upgraded bugzilla to version 4.2, that has been
released recently.
You'll see the change in the mails you recieve, they have changed a lot,
and are in HTML. If you don't like that, you can switch back to "text
mode" in your account preferences

There is also a side effect with this upgrade : columns of search
results are back to standard size.
*GALEN* = could you take care of this problem and switch back to larger
columns for component, patch status and version ? thanks

I've read the page with the new features:
http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.2/release-notes.html#v42_feat

One look great to me :
Local bug IDs are now valid in the See Also field. Adding such an ID
will also add a reciprocal link in the other bug.

=> with this feature we can link 2 bugs that are related but don't have
a "block" or "is blocked" relationship

Other nice improvements:
* Inactive accounts are no longer displayed in user fields when
user-autocompletion is enabled.
* User-autocompletion is now much faster on installations with many user
accounts.
* The See Also field now accepts URLs pointing to MantisBT, Trac, JIRA
and the sourceforge.net bug trackers.
* Searches: Buglists will now only display the first 500 bugs by
default. It is still possible to display the whole list, though.

Please also note that I made a tiny change, that is not related to the
upgrade:
* the defauls "my bugs" now also returns "patch doesn't apply" bugs

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com