[Koha-devel] Koha 3.8 release schedule & perltidy process

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:44:55 CET 2012

Doing a large updating commit does not cost us any history.  It just counts
as an "update" to the code, even though none of the logic has changed.
This change would alter SLOC counts and such, messing with our statistics,
since we only want to measure intellectually significant contributions
(tidying someone else's work doesn't make it yours).  There is no way for
Git to know if a change to a line of text is a logical change or just a
formatting change (aside from whitespace), because Git doesn't understand
Perl.  There isn't too much we can do about this.

So, best to keep cleaning up incrementally, I think.  As we move from C4 to
Koha, that'll be an opportunity to clean up all the modules

-Ian