[Koha-devel] Koha 3.8 release schedule & perltidy process -- more time?

savitra sirohi savitra.sirohi at osslabs.biz
Sat Mar 10 09:15:06 CET 2012

Thanks Paul, I guess we will go ahead and start submitting and hope some of
our submissions gets included. No strong reason to get this included in
3.8, other than us having to rebase multiple times.

In any case, here are some of the changes we want to submit at this stage,
some already have bugzilla entries, I will create new ones for others:

Major
Maintain exchange rate history, Indian libraries need to pay for items with
rates as on invoice date, which can be in the past
Events on OPAC - create events with date, description, images, and other
fields (similar to News) for display on OPAC
Mobile friendly site, modified template files
Capture photo, signature via webcam and electronic signature pad
Fees - registration, renewal, duplicate card, holds at library and category
level

Minor
Forgot password link, so users can request a new password to be sent to them
Fee receipts for printing, including auto receipt no. generation
Show links to possible duplicate orders/catalog records in order basket.
Staff can verify duplicate before issuing firm orders
Renew serials subscriptions in batch
Quick patron card print (from patron record after registration)
Show entitlements to members in OPAC, essentially make circ rules that
apply to a member visible to them via OPAC
Allow holds on "on display" items even when allowonshelfholds is off
(system pref based)
Based on a new system preference set email as default user name (instead of
combination of first and surnames) when member is created
Setup barcode and member card prefixes at branch level
Kid friendlly OPAC system preference, e.g. large call numbers, buttons for
search by title, author, subject instead of a drop down list
Allow search by Lexile no. and Accelerated reading point and level ranges
on OPAC and staff search filters
Better items.content for use in notices, e.g. due date, price to be added
Allow SIP authentication using userid or cardnumber (currently works only
with cardnumber)
Save or Export reports output in PDF and text formats (currently only
delimited files are exported)
Export/print new arrivals reports in ISBD formats
Add new tables, keys and criteria in guided reports wizards
Add several new fields such as statement of responsibility to normal view
(TT and XSLT) in catalog details page in OPAC/Staff
Capture suggestor's id when library staff create suggestions
More statuses when managing suggestions (e.g. duplicate)
Capture accepted, rejected date of suggestions for reporting purposes
Several new fields/tables available for use in notice templates
Display link to items in PROC (processing center) in cataloging home, this
will allow processing center staff to easily identify records they need to
work on
Include Syspref based Google (or other) Analytics JS code
Add more languages to Google Indic Transliteration tool availble with the
masthead search box
Allow extend patron attributes to be included in patron card templates
Syspref to not do remote ip check, this will allow uninterrupted Koha
access from locations where ip address changs dynamically
Change default password length to 7
Open Library - Larger image, Read, borrow and checked-out status
Send renewal notice
Send membership expiry reminder notices
Add Item availability status to cart
Batch userid, password generation and email
Display barcode on OPAC detail page

Thanks,
Savitra Sirohi
Nucsoft OSS Labs