[Koha-devel] Bugzilla problem and a plea

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Mar 17 12:53:21 CET 2012

Good morning.

Those of you subscribed to koha-bugs may notice something surprising in
your inbox today- a message that seems to indicate that a number of bugs
that still exist (such as bug 6875) have been resolved. When, in shock, you
go to look at the bug report and find out how this could be, you will see
that the status remains unchanged. There seems to be an issue with
dependencies in Bugzilla where the part of the message that says "This bug
depends on another bug, bug XXXX which changed state to..." is missing.
Just a heads-up on that, because it's a little disconcerting to see
"RESOLVED--FIXED" in an e-mail about a bug that you *know* isn't resolved.

That was the problem. My plea is this: if you see any bug reports (such as
reports that you filed yourself) that have a status of Pushed to Stable or
Pushed to Master (depending which is the final destination for the patch),
please test the bug, and, if it's fixed, mark it resolved. We have more
than 500 bugs with a pushed status, and most of the are probably no longer
issues. It would be nice to tidy up Bugzilla a bit and get the bugs that
are resolved off the "open bugs" list.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/