[Koha-devel] Bug 5572 (refinements to function merge sub merge in C4::AuthoritiesMarc)

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu May 3 13:35:58 CEST 2012

Marcel,

Please have a look at the report and patch.****

> Do you agree that subfields at the biblio side should be cleared for an
> active empty authority subfield? Or could that result in unexpected data
> loss too easily?

I am very uncomfortable with this patch. Relator terms (subfield $e) should
not be filled in in MARC21 authorities, but should be used in controlled
headings in bibliographic records. I commented on the bug to this effect,
but Janusz hasn't had a chance to respond yet.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/