[Koha-devel] Multi-branch SCO [Was: Re: Branch Specific System Preferences]

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu May 10 21:43:14 CEST 2012

Hi David,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM, David Schuster <dschust1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a little confused by this comment.  We do self checkout - but have a
> generic user for each branch that they use to login the SCO module.  It
> then checks out books as if they are at that branch.  What part of that
> doesn't work?  I'm a little confused...

 I'm not sure what version you're using, but in the current master the
following sysprefs define the user for the SCO module:

AutoSelfCheckAllowed
AutoSelfCheckID
AutoSelfCheckPass

Unfortunately there is only room there for a single user tied to a single
branch. This results (for us at least) in all books checked out in the SCO
module appearing under the branch of the user listed in these sysprefs.

If there is workaround, I'd love to know it while we are in the process of
making the SCO module truly multi-branch.

Kind Regards,
Chris