[Koha-devel] Proposed QA Enhancements

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:44:23 CEST 2012

For my part, I tend to review patches textual to see if they make sense as
a changeset.  If I cannot tell from reading what this patch does, I'll
either apply and test, or ask for clarification.  Generally, both of those
actions take more effort than reading on Bugzilla, and thus take longer.

I agree that it would be preferable to have the actual QA signoff on the
patch itself when it gets through QA, so that our git signoff stats are
more accurate.  That does add the additional overhead of pulling down and
applying each patch, then amending the commit and firing back up to BZ...
not complicated, but additional steps.  Hence why I haven't been doing it
reliably.

Any QA rules we can put into scripts to automatically check, I'm all for,
as that can relieve some of the more tedious work of checking spacing and
variable name declarations, and let QA look more in-depth about the patch's
implementation.  I know we've got a few such tests... anyone who is willing
to write more goes in my Nice Person book.

My new job is starting to ramp up further, and I'm finding myself doing
less QA than I expected.  I'll try to rectify that, but if the community
feels I'm not doing the job as it needs to be done, I do hope folks will
speak up and help us find a remedy to the situation.

Cheers,

-Ian