[Koha-devel] Print page - Firefox, etc

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue May 22 17:49:56 CEST 2012

Our cataloguers are having a local problem that I was unaware of. This is
probably Koha bug 7199 which appears to be a tad inactive; I'd be happy to
assist, but have no knowledge whatsoever of how browsers render
CSS|templates for printing.

Trying to "print page" after a staff screen listing such as
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?q=lambert%2C+andrew>
(the page itself is perfect) gives an oddball output with the "Results" and
"Location" columns squeezed down to very narrow columns on the right hand
side of the page. The "check box" column (normally very narrow) expands to
well over 50% of page width.

This happens (for us at least) in Firefox (v. 12.0), Chrome (build 16.0),
Safari (5.1) and MSIE (6.0 - we don't have anything more recent in our Win
machine.)

A quick review of "equivalent" OPAC search pages (rather than staff-admin)
shows no problems.

Koha 3.06.01.000, on Linux 2.6.38, Perl 5.010001, Apache 2.2.17, mysql Ver
14.14 Distrib 5.1.54, for debian-linux-gnu

Thanks - Paul