[Koha-devel] Signing-off a patch for a customer

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon May 28 18:28:58 CEST 2012

Le 28/05/2012 18:16, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Jared Camins-Esakov
> <jcamins at cpbibliography.com <mailto:jcamins at cpbibliography.com>> wrote:
> Having things scripted so that anyone on a sandbox can sign-off both in
> BZ and git would be spectacular. Perhaps authentication could be
> coordinated between BZ and the sandbox to ensure some level of integrity.
there is already an authentication, but it's a "static" one. on biblibre
sandboxes, it's my login that is used.

That's different from the author of the signoff, that an easy git config
... can change on the fly.

What would be pretty easy to do would be:
* have a signoff.pl page (like sandbox.pl)
* the user enter his mail, name, bug number
* the script does "git config $name / $mail" + git bz attach $bugnumber
* the user goes to bugzilla, obsolete manually the bug and change the
status to "signed-off" (we even could easily redirect to the bugzilla
page). The requirement would be to have the user having a bugzilla
account. That would also mean the signed-off patch would look as if
uploaded by me (for BibLibre sandboxes), but that's not a problem. We
even could create a "fake sandbox" account if we want.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com