[Koha-devel] opac not available

Frère Sébastien Marie semarie-koha at latrappe.fr
Tue May 29 14:57:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 02:22:19PM +0200, Samuel Desseaux wrote:
> Le 29/05/2012 14:15, Robin Sheat a écrit :
> >Op 29-05-12 23:55, Samuel Desseaux schreef:
> >>I've the same url with two differents ports. For the intranet, it's ok
> >>but for the opac, it's the problem.
> >You never said what your problem is.
> >
> >Robin.
>
> When  i want go to the intranet (koha.ecp.fr:8080), everything is ok.
>
> When i want to go on the opac (koha.ecp.fr:80), i've this message "
>

>  It works!
>
> This is the default web page for this server.
>
> The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet."
>

> Maybe it's a dns issue or something else?

Hello Samuel,

The address http://koha.ecp.fr/ works (for me): i could access your opac... (using internet: I hope is wanted)

So it should be a network problem (dns / port-forwarding / ...)

Do you use *exactly* http://koha.ecp.fr/ ? (and not an ip or another network name, for example)

The virtual-host works like it:
 - when a connection arrived to apache (so your browser need to know an IP address [generally resolved by dns])
 - the server check the "Host:" header (presented by the browser) to determine which virtual-host the browser request

The page "it works" is the default page (so match, when no other virtual-host match)

An other point, the intranet is accessible over internet too (when adding :8080 to the URL). You could (should ?) restrict this access to "trusted" IP/address (with "accept/deny from" apache configuration directive at minimum).

--
Frère Sébastien Marie
Abbaye Notre Dame de La Trappe