[Koha-devel] 100$a mapping fixed

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Thu Nov 1 17:12:53 CET 2012

I wrote earlier: "All that remains is to work out why our cataloguers
cannot get the 100$a into the correct column" but have now found a "fix"
that worked for us (I am *not* saying that this might work under other
circumstances). From
<http://koha-community.org/faqs/relationship-koha-marc-mapping-marc-bibliographic-frameworks/>:

"Mapping can be defined through 'MARC Bibliographic Frameworks' OR 'Koha to
MARC Mapping'. 'Koha to MARC Mapping' is just a shortcut to speed up
linkage. If you change a mapping in one of these modules, the mapping will
change in the other as well. (In other words, the two modules 'overwrite'
each other in order to prevent conflicts from existing in Koha). "

After upgrade to 3.8.5, both the frameworks and the mapping showed "Author
==> 100$a". On the sandbox yesterday, I deleted all the biblio (not
biblioitems nor items) 'Mappings' late in the day and closed the machine
down. I restored them (same values as before, only framework code,
timestamp and datecreated blank since 3.6.1) and rebooted. Bingo!
Cataloguing now fills biblio.author and the XML counterpart.

Just done the same on the production box (including two reboots, first time
since the upgrade to 3.8.5) and it is also fixed. I have no clue what went
wrong; whether it's something corrupt in our Koha db, whether it could be
related to Koha, dependencies or other combinations of software (that box
runs memcached, several other cgi web-based modules, other db's on MySQL,
and SendMail) or whatever.

Serendipity is ...

Best regards,
Paul