[Koha-devel] Zebra and deleted biblios

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Mon Nov 5 01:04:12 CET 2012

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that in 3.8.5, deleting a biblio, after
deleting any items attached, requires a complete re-index by Zebra, the
cron -z fails. Logging the cron as verbose, I get:

Records exported: 0
====================
REINDEXING zebra
====================
====================
CLEANING
====================
17:48:02-04/11 zebraidx(7610) [warn] cannot delete record above (seems new)

The error is reproducible: e.g. two biblios, one with a typo important
enough that Koha doesn't ask "Duplicate?" during the cataloguing, both with
a single item; "attach" the barcode of one to the other and delete the
"empty" biblio. After cron -z, the unwanted biblio appears (with no item)
in both staff and OPAC until a complete re-index is done.

Could someone else please verify, and I'll file a bug if confirmed.

For the record, I've tried (sandbox only) the cron with and without -x; the
behaviour is identical (sandbox and production.)

Best regards,
Paul