[Koha-devel] docbook-xml triggers scary update-catalog message(s) under Ubuntu 12.10

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:51:53 CET 2012

Greetings,

> Is it a warning or an actual error?

Well, it doesn't halt on the sudo apt-get install koha-common, so I am
assuming warning. I didn't go further than that.

> I'm not all that willing to maintain an alternate version in the
> repos unless super critical.

I was not suggesting an alternate, suggesting a forced version 4.5.7 which
is stable in both Debian and I suspect Ubuntu. That would be a pain, and the
goal isn't pain. One goal is easy to maintain.

> This said, docbook I think is just a build
> dependency, not needed at runtime. One of these days I need to separate
> these out.

If it is just a build dependency, then the message is most definitely a
warning and can be ignored. That was something I was wondering as well (is
it a just a build dependency?).

GPML,
Mark Tompsett