[Koha-devel] Koha and MariaDB - lets switch and start testing

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Nov 12 00:59:03 CET 2012

hi Folks

i am just sending out an email to encourage Koha developers to switch to MariaDB for their Koha dev/testing/QA work

why? its highly probable MariaDB will be the database Koha switches to when MySQL explodes, (which might be quite soon, according to some)

so… lets prepare for that situation by starting to testing Koha/MariaDB now, rather than later...
by using Koha on MariaDB as we do our everyday work, we are also testing Koha on MariaDB for no extra effort

fyi: 6 weeks ago, i switched to MariaDB for my dev and QA work, so far - ZERO problems :)