[Koha-devel] Upgrading Koha's license?

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 22:35:08 CET 2012

Salvete!

> But what do we actually have to do to distribute as GPLv3? Do we just
> have to vote at an IRC meeting, or would all ~200 developers with code
> in Koha have to give their written consent or something?

    I'd say simple majority at an IRC meeting with this advertised on the agenda so it doesn't sneak up and bite anyone. Trying to track down all of the ~200 developers seems incredibly time consuming, and as things progress, increasingly less possible. (Touch wood, but people cross over.) I know we've discussed it in past, so it shouldn't be a shock. It'd be great to get a real vote. :D

My 2 beads,
Brooke