[Koha-devel] Upgrading Koha's license?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Nov 14 23:11:10 CET 2012

Magnus Enger schreef op wo 14-11-2012 om 22:04 [+0100]:
> But what do we actually have to do to distribute as GPLv3? Do we just
> have to vote at an IRC meeting, or would all ~200 developers with code
> in Koha have to give their written consent or something?

No, because the code is mostly "GPLv2, or at your option, a later
version", all you have to do is say "this copy is GPLv3 unless you strip
out the bootstrap code."

There is actually some GPLv3 code already in there, parts of the
packaging stuff, so a package install is GPLv3 anyway unless you were to
remove those parts.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.