[Koha-devel] Bugzilla change proposal

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Nov 15 17:49:32 CET 2012

Hello koha-devel,

-first of all, BibLibre is still facing problem with mails on this list:
it seems we can post, but don't recieve any mail from it. That's why I
missed the "Upgrading Koha license" thread, (I say +1 for GPL 3 of
course). So if you answer this mail, would you be kind to add me
directly also. -

The main reason of this mail are the release notes for Koha 3.10 : I
made a lot of work to improve the script generating release notes, and
I'm quite happy with the current result. I plan to release the text only
notes, but also fancy and nice looking release notes (html & hopefully
PDF, with a lot of details for enhancements, including some screenshots)

What strikes me is that "Enhancements" mix patches that enhance an
existing feature (and sometimes it's a tiny improvement), and patches
that add a completely (and major) new feature. For readers I think it
would be better to separate "Enhancements of an existing feature" and
"New feature".

What about adding separating "enhancements" in "enhancement" (of an
existing feature) and "New feature" by adding the "new feature" to
severity list ?
The script generating release notes would be trivial to update to
reflect that. Of course that would not be for 3.10, but 3.12+

cheers
--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com