[Koha-devel] Upgrading Koha's license?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Nov 15 20:53:17 CET 2012

Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org>
> However, Bootstrap's license is Apache 2.0 which I'm told is
> incompatible with Koha's GPL2 license.
>
> What do we need to do to make inclusion of Bootstrap possible?

Probably nothing.  Is this mere aggregation, or are you planning to
include Bootstrap dependencies into GPL2+ code?

At worst, parts derived from Bootstrap would need to go GPL3+ - if
it does, would relevant authors/holders be willing to grant the
following exceptions?

     1. Developers need publish their modifications only (not the
     whole application source code with all unusual libraries) and
     link back to our public community source code repository.

     2. The running application need not check if the source code is
     currently on-line (so long as it is usually and can be
     requested).

We call these the Co-operative Exceptions and use them on another
project.

Thanks,