[Koha-devel] [QA] QAing and signing off

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 10:34:06 CET 2012

On 26 November 2012 22:27, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 26/11/2012 10:02, Fischer, Katrin a écrit :
>> So the next question is, what can we do to be sure something works?
>>
>> - make sure the patch applies
>> - make sure it passes all the tests
>> - step through the coding guidelines and review the code
>> - do functionality testing
> If we require that, it mean that the QA team should have to repeat the
> signoff-er responsibility.
>
> Until now, we said the QA goal was to be concentrated on code quality,
> testing the feature was made 'somewhere else'. (that's why I also think
> we could have QA before or after signoff, that's 2 independant things.
> But I don't see how to achieve that with bugzilla, so I never suggested
> the idea)

Hmm I always thought  the first sign off was just testing the patch
works, QA would test for code quality, regressions, etc. At least
that's what I expected when I was doing RM. It sounds like it changed
a bit while Paul was RM, and that is fine after all it was his
responsibility to decide how he wanted to run his releases.
We probably need to await Jared awaking, and clarifying exactly what
he expects from QA for the 3.12 release, since that's what we elected
him for :)

Chris