[Koha-devel] Some suggestions for patch descriptions

Marc Véron veron at veron.ch
Tue Nov 27 20:11:10 CET 2012

Hi Paul,

First of all thank you very much for all the work you did for Koha 3.10.

I think it is a good idea to streamline the bug descriptions in a way that
they can directly be used for documentation purposes.

My first idea would be to use comment #0 as well. Drawback is that
comments can not be edited (afaik). The first wording might not be as
precise as it should be to serve as a good description. And the behaviour
of the patch / enhancement could change during the bug process.

My proposition is to add an extra text field (Large Text Box) below the
new Patch complexity field.
Name could be "Description for documentation" to make clear that it will
be used afterwards. There could even be a link to the Wiki to explain what
we expect in this field. And there could even be a rule to set a bug to
"Failed QA" if this field is not properly used.

The documentation process then could 'harvest' this field.

I attach a screen shot as illustration.

What do you think about?

Marc