[Koha-devel] [QA] QA process

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Thu Nov 29 14:06:20 CET 2012

Nice to see that QA gets so much attention these days :)

I think that Katrin's proposal on itself is a valid one. We never wrote it out in our workflow document on the wiki. That document (that apparently has community consensus) says only:

"Preferably, patch writer and patch signer should not be from the same company or institution."

But just adding the clause that if patch writer and signer are from the same company, the QAer should be (preferably) independent, is in the same line of thought, just a logical extrapolation. IMO we could add what Katrin stated to this workflow document, and keep situations where writer, signer and QAer are in the same company to an absolute minimum (very close to zero).

Just noting also that Paul's numbers relate to Needs Signoff and not to Signed off. The oldest patch waiting for QA from Biblibre are four from October 19. QA should indeed now pick them up first. Before I have QAed several patches already that were written and signed Biblibre only. I do not think that QAing Biblibre patches is really an issue now.

Marcel