[Koha-devel] [QA] QA process

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Nov 29 17:20:49 CET 2012

Le 29/11/2012 16:59, Jared Camins-Esakov a écrit :
> Paul,
>
>     Am I right if I say that BibLibre will be the company mostly concerned
>     impacted by this rule ? Checking numbers.
>     Some numbers: there are 131 patches waiting for signoff or QA. 52 are
>     from BibLibre (40%)
> Yes, because I already informed Elliott that under no circumstances
> would I accept him QAing a patch by ByWater.
You're the RM, so you decide, but I think it's not a good decision (and
I've explained many times why I think that: QA is technical-oriented.
For now, I trust Elliott to do QA exactly in the same way for ByWater
patches than he will do for others).
However, I can promise Jonathan and me will quickly take care of what's
waiting for QA from outside BibLibre.

> Agreed. At some point there may be no choice. I'm pretty sure we have
> had a backlog in the Signed Off queue for a long time, possibly since
> always (Chris has a nice graph somewhere, but I don't know where).
Not since always, the "need QA" queue has been empty for weeks before my
summer holiday.

> In
> light of that, I think two months would be reasonable.
2 months ? That's really a long period, considering we've a 6 months
release cycle, with Feature & String Freeze. That let only a short time
for New Features and Enhancements
I was thinking of 2 ... weeks. Let's cut the fruit in two (frenchism ?)
and say one month ?

> Also, it's worth pointing out that we have a QA *team*. If there's a
> BibLibre patch that's been signed off that isn't getting QAed, it is
> absolutely reasonable for you to e-mail the koha-devel list a message
> something like: "[QA] Does anyone have time to review poor benighted bug
> XXXX?"
By default (at least for me), the "signed off" list is organised by
date. I've the assignee & changed column in the result list, it's
trivial to see who did what, and when it has been signed-off.
I can ask on the list, and will do, but I think it should not be necessary.
(and for now, i'll head to QA non-biblibre old patches)
--
Paul POULAIN - Associé-gérant
Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08