[Koha-devel] A new open source project on Drupal related to sigb (and so koha)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Oct 4 12:44:32 CEST 2012

Claire Hernandez <claire.hernandez at biblibre.com>
> [...] we are building a Koha::REST interface. The project is
> published http://git.biblibre.com/?p=koha-restful;a=summary but not yet
> submitted to the community. You can have a look and tell us what you
> think. [...]

First thought: wasn't SRU and svc already a REST interface?

Second thought: actually, this is for OPAC and svc is aimed at
librarian tasks, so it's complementary.  Should it be merged into svc
as svc/opac that gets exposed on the opac as well as the intranet?

Third thought: this returns JSON where svc returns XML.  Could
we make both offer both JSON and XML for maximum compatibility?

Fourth thought: the Koha code doesn't seem to have a search method.
Is SRU (or do I mean SRW) used anyway?

Hope that's useful,