[Koha-devel] HOw Koha does it works?

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Oct 5 10:28:25 CEST 2012

Le 05/10/2012 04:13, john23 a écrit :
> well its a general question but, I would like to know how is integrated with
> zebra?, how make the searches and search in the tables? how insert each item
> in the catalog module?
> I hope someone could answer.... greettings
Hi John23,

I'm not sure you'll get many answers, your question being, I think,
irrelevant for zebra.

You want to know how to search in "zebra tables" ? You can't, because
zebra has not tables. It's not a SQL software, it's an indexing engine.

Koha query zebra through z3950 protocol, and use the "zebraidx" script
to make updates (with something like "zebraidx update those_records" and
"zebraidx delete those_records" (update automagically doing an add if
the record does not exist)

If you want to query the database directly, you must use yaz-client, and
know the syntax -which, frankly, requires at least 25 years of studying
it before being comfortable :\ -

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN