[Koha-devel] Default search options in the OPAC

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Oct 8 19:06:17 CEST 2012

On 8 October 2012 15:07, Marc Véron <veron at veron.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree with Katrin that we should have the possibility to localize the HTML
> system preferences.

Okay, slightly more crazy proposal.

In the template (note the | eval):

<select id="masthead_search" class="left" name="idx">
[% OPACSearchOptions | eval %]
</select>

And then in OPACSearchOptions (or something):

[% IF ( OPACLanguage == 'nb-NO' )  %] [%# Don't remember if there is a
variable for this, or if it would have to be added%]
<option value="">Katalogen</option>
<option value="ti">Tittel</option>
<option value="au">Forfatter</option>
<option value="su">Emne</option>
<option value="nb">ISBN</option>
<option value="se">Serie</option>
<option value="callnum">Hyllesignatur</option>
[% ELSE %]
<option value="">Library catalog</option>
<option value="ti">Title</option>
<option value="au">Author</option>
<option value="su">Subject</option>
<option value="nb">ISBN</option>
<option value="se">Series</option>
<option value="callnum">Call number</option>
[% END %]

Please feel free to shoot this down - I have no idea how it would
affect performance etc. :-)

Best regards,
Magnus
libriotech.no