[Koha-devel] Memcached and Koha

Pongtawat Chippimolchai pongtawat.c at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:32:39 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I'm trying to speed up Koha 3.8 by enabling memcached, following the
instructions in the wiki
(http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Performance). But I found that OPAC
search performance is almost unchanged with memcached enabled.

By looking at memcached stats and MySQL query log, it seems like
memcached is only used to store Koha's config (koha-conf.xml). The query
to MySQL is exactly the same with or with out memcached. I suppose that
once memcached is enabled, all preferences should be read from memcached
instead? Is there anything else I should do to get memcached fully
working with Koha?

FYI, I'm running Koha 3.8.5 on Ubuntu 12.04 using koha-common package.

Thank you,
Pongtawat