[Koha-devel] Bug 8665, files, git ...

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Oct 13 01:56:05 CEST 2012

Op 13-10-12 02:02, Paul schreef:
> Probably a very naive question; I would like to try the proposed
> solution (Bug 8665) and can find the "diff", but when I try and navigate
> "git", the relevant section (if I have navigated successfully which is
> dubious as I'm new to "git")
> <https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/tree/master/etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities>,
> the master appears to stop at Bug 7475.

That isn't the Koha Git repo, although it does look like whoever is
managing it is keeping it reasonably in sync[0]. The real koha git repo
is here:

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=summary

Master doesn't stop at 7475, it's just that that was the last thing that
is in master that touched those files.

> Is there anywhere to find "ready edited" files, rather than copy/paste lines from the diff?

No, not until 8665 gets signed off and pulled into master.

Typically you will use git to apply the patch from bugzilla.
Copy/pasting lines is quite likely to cause you errors.

Best is to make a local copy based on the guide here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Version_Control_Using_Git

which combined with this:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_bz_configuration

makes it very easy to apply patches from bugzilla.

There will be a significant learning curve, git is a developer tool, and
applying patches is something of an advanced topic.

Robin.

[0] grumble grumble Free software grumble should be using Gitorious[1]
instead of proprietary github grumble.

[1] maybe we should consider a gitorious installation alongside the
gitweb one, it'd be especially useful for offshoot type projects, like
the migration tools one[2].

[2] for anyone interested:
https://gitorious.org/koha-toolbox