[Koha-devel] Tag 001 - search

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Oct 14 23:26:44 CEST 2012

We're continuing to track/correct problems in field 001 (for whatever
reasons our db has hundreds of totally erroneous duplicates) and have
written a "report" for our cataloguers' use that lists the dups.

Now I'm being asked for an easy "paste and click" tool to edit the records.
Search for 'control-number:' or 'control-number=' functions well, but when
I add an option to the search box, the phrase ',wrdl' gets added as in
'control-number,wrdl:' and the search fails (full details below.)

I must be missing something simple, but googling for 'zebra and wrdl' has
not come up trumps -- it has been mentioned several times on this and the
users' list, but apparently not in this context; maybe (not on Koha) a hint
of string/field length, but no suggestions as to how to add this to the
search term.

Could a kind soul point me in the right direction, please?  Is there a flag
that can be added? a ccl property to be modded?

Thanks and best regards - Paul

ccl.properties suggests that the 001 CONTROL NUMBER is either:
Local-number 1=12
sn Local-number
or
Authority-Number 1=Koha-Auth-Number
an Authority-Number
Koha-Auth-Number Authority-Number

A valid record can be found using normal "catalogue search" by entering
'control-number:7725723' and is returned as
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=16553>

Search for:

Local-number:7725723 ==> No results match your search for
'Local-number:7725723' in NMA Catalog.
sn=7725723 ==> No results match your search for 'sn=7725723' in NMA Catalog.
Authority-Number:7725723 ==> No results match your search for
'Authority-Number:7725723' in NMA Catalog.
an:7725723 ==> No results match your search for 'an:7725723' in NMA Catalog.
Koha-Auth-Number:7725723 ==> No results match your search for
'Koha-Auth-Number:7725723' in NMA Catalog.
control-number:7725723 ==> proper result
control-number=7725723 ==> proper result

so it appears that 'control-number:' or 'control-number=' is the only way
of finding the biblio that corresponds to a 001 field.  To make this easier
for our cataloguers to edit possibly erroneous 001 fields, I tried adding:
<option value="control-number">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Control Num.
001</option> to: search_indexes.inc which gives the "Option" in the

http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?idx=control-number&q=7725723&idx=kw&idx=kw&sort_by=relevance
==> No results match your search for 'control-number,wrdl: 7725723' in NMA
Catalog.

It adds a ',wrdl' to the search term and fails. Also, it would appear that
the search that works is:
search.pl?q=control-number%3A+7725723
and the one that fails is:
search.pl?idx=control-number&q=7725723&idx=kw&idx=kw&sort_by=relevance

but I would appreciate help on the 'idx' usage compared to plain 'q' ...

[NB - either : or = between search term and data appear to systematically
give the same results.]