[Koha-devel] i need to add new index and new search field

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sun Oct 21 23:56:30 CEST 2012

Mohamed,

> Dear mohamed megahid
> you suggest to add the field in this files
>

> > 1-zebrabiblio.cfg

I believe Mohamed Megahed meant ccl.properties.

> 2-add field in zebradb/biblio/...
>
> i think you didn't under stand my case
> because we can use this files with another fields already exist in
>
> biblios/etc/bib1.att
> but 880 field is not exist in this file
> i tray to add new field in this file and complete the modification in anotherfiles but it doesn't work
>
> Mohamed Megahed's instructions assumed that you were trying to add the
vernacular title/author/publisher to the existing indexes for title,
author, publisher, etc., I think. If you want a new index, you will need to
make up a new Bib-1 Use attribute number that doesn't conflict with
existing attributes (see http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/bib1.html ),
add it to bib1.att, and then add the index to the marc_defs and
ccl.properties. You can find detailed instructions at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Understanding_Zebra_indexing

Please keep in mind that if you are using GRS-1, you will not be able to
split the 880 fields into multiple indexes (for title/author/publisher).
Adding 880 field indexing to the DOM configuration is on my to-do list, but
-- as is true of so many unfunded mandates -- not very high. If you would
submit a patch to add 880 indexing, I'm sure many people would be very
grateful.

One last thought. If you are not using ICU, it will not matter whether you
have successfully indexed the 880s or not, since Zebra does not handle
non-Roman scripts at all without ICU.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/