[Koha-devel] what about creating a new "opac-any" index in zebra?

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Wed Oct 24 10:31:58 CEST 2012

Hello
As a librairian, I think the "any" index defined in record.abs often
return too much results, and inappropriate.
It is *partly *caused by "any" index indexing all fields, including all
notes fields (5XX in marc21, 3XX in unimarc), and of a lot of fields
that could be usefull for staff but not for our public (internal item
notes, statistic codes, date/place of publication etc).
I want to submit you an idea :
- creating a new index in zebra, matching only "usefull" fields and
subfields (and it will be editable by all libraries...). For example we
could call it "opac-any"
- modifying the templates so that this index may be used instead of
"any" when somebody makes a search in opac.

What do you think of that?

Regards,
Mathieu Saby
Rennes 2 University