[Koha-devel] what about creating a new "opac-any" index in zebra?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Oct 24 16:32:20 CEST 2012

Mathieu,

When I wrote "editable by all libraries..", I meant
> editable-in-the-hard-way (record.abs etc). It would be better than
> nothing...

Ah. Yes. This is an excellent idea. :)

>  As an initial step, you might consider submitting a patch that adds the
>> hardcoded index and allows librarians to choose which keyword index to use
>> on the OPAC and staff client. This shouldn't be too hard.
>>

> I will try to do that next week.
> I add that as many libraries we are looking forward for SolR, so I won't
> spend weeks of work for reconfiguring Zebra based search, but even little
> improvements will be helpful for our users ;-)

I am looking forward to Solr too, but it will be a while before it is ready
for production, and I don't think it will ever be able to completely
replace Zebra. It requires much more powerful hardware than many libraries
can afford.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/