[Koha-devel] New index in zebra : need to edit DOM indexing configuration files?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Oct 26 14:18:03 CEST 2012

Mathieu,

Hello
> I want to make a bug in Bugzilla to add some index in unimarc record.abs
> that are currently lacking (ex : 608, genre-form subject)
>
> What should I do with the DOM indexing conf file
> (biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml) :
> - nothing ?
> - editing the file manualy ? (but the comment lines "record.abs line xxx:
> melm xxx" would be wrong)

Yes. The comments are not necessary. Just remove any comments that are
inaccurate.

- rebuilding them with
misc/maintenance/convert_**record_abs_to_dom.pl<http://convert_record_abs_to_dom.pl>?

As a reminder -- since most people are not familiar with DOM indexing,
after editing biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml, biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl must be
regenerated using etc/zebradb/xsl/koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/