[Koha-devel] Koha 3.10, sign-off request & question

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Oct 30 09:44:06 CET 2012

Hello everybody,

A few developer-specific news (I plan to write my monthly RM newsletter
tomorrow, with more general-interest news)

* I spent a lot of time in the last days QAing & pushing all bugfixes
that should be included in Koha 3.10. In the "passed QA" queue and in
the "signed-off" queue, there's nothing that need to be pushed before
3.10 (except a few signed-off during last european night; I'll take care
of them soon)

* There are some patches that require everyone attention to release a
stable 3.10.
Here is the list of patches that need signoff:
8919 	ExtendedPatronAttributes not populated from LDAP
8832 	can't enter a tax rate on vendor or when ordering
8636 	Some dependencies are not listed by the installer
8378 	<fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
8945 	Koha 3.10 Help Files Update
8800 	SpecifyDueDate && useDaysMode=Datedue wrong behaviour
8746 	rebuild_zebra_sliced.sh don't work where Record length of 106041
is larger than the MARC spec allows
4381 	systempreference hide_marc = ON results in erroneous behaviour of
repeatable fields and subfields
8971 	Sort holds queue report using DataTables
8955 	Self checkout should degrade gracefully with JavaScript turned off
8942 	Translation process breaks javascript in calendar.inc
8918 	ILS-DI: HoldTitle and HoldItem do not calculate rank of hold
8915 	Referential integrity constraints and InnoDB vs MyISAM storage engine
8896 	Delete serials no more missing from missinglist
8840 	ubuntu-pkg-check.sh fix and extend functionality
8804 	Quiet errors in the log from Auth.pm
8750 	Chronological terms authorities not correctly indexed
8369 	default_branch_circ_rule and default_circ_rules tables useless
7358 	basket.pl : it is possible to affect a closed basket to a closed
basketgroup
6428 	refered column 'items.coded_location_qualifier' does not exist
5801 	C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch doesn't work in opac-reserve.pl
4481 	Search's Limit to Available filters out many available items
2832 	Make alphabet localizable

I'd like to see all of them for 3.10, so, please signoff !!!

* In the patch queue, there are also many enhancements have been
signed-off and/or QAed, that could be pushed, I don't think it's good to
let them pending for a long time. That's why I suggest we immediately
branch 3.10.x on git. Once it's done, Jared will be responsible to push
to master (starting his work for 3.12), I'll keep 3.10.x until 3.10.0 is
released (exactly like RMaint does for 3.8.x : by cherry picking patches
from master). I'll take care of communicating with RM to promote
bugfixes that should be pushed urgently for 3.10.0. I spoke of this idea
a while ago with Jared, and he agrees with this idea.

--
Paul POULAIN - Associé-gérant
Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08