[Koha-devel] Losing biblio.author in 3.8.5

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Oct 31 20:00:24 CET 2012

At 08:09 PM 10/29/2012 +0100, you wrote:
>>Hi Paul,
>[snip]
>>For your reports you always have the option to query the MARCXML data
>>directly, nothing should be lost.
>
>I agree -- in fact for staff, I've already written a new report replacing
>biblio.author with
>ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="100"]/subfield[@code>="a"]') and
>it works perfectly.
>
>But this doesn't "correct" the MySQL db.  Where/why on earth has it gone
>wrong, and how to correct it?

Could some kind soul with knowledge of using XML in MySQL assist?

I'm trying to copy the XML 100$a to biblio.author where this latter is
NULL, but:

mysql> INSERT INTO biblio (biblio.author)
     -> SELECT
ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="100"]/subfield[@code>="a"]') FROM
biblioitems
     -> WHERE biblio.author IS NULL;
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'biblio.author' in 'where clause'

so I tried to be more explicit for biblio.author and now the XML has an error

mysql> INSERT INTO biblio (biblio.author)
     -> SELECT author FROM biblio,
ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="100"]/subfield[@code>="a"]') FROM
biblioitems
     -> WHERE biblio.author IS NULL;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="100"]/subfield[@code>="a"]') FROM biblioitems
WHERE' at line 2

I have tried various combinations of LEFT|RIGHT JOIN biblio ON (
biblioitems.biblionumber = biblio.biblionumber) but with no success so far.

Thanks and regards -- Paul

>Hope that helps,
>
>Katrin

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>