[Koha-devel] RFC on sysprefs deprecation workflow

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 5 17:41:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 09/05/2012 10:50 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> If you take a look at bug 8724 [2] you'll notice that i followed that
> path. But as NoZebra is to be fully removed from Koha tree I ask: what
> do u think the workflow for syspref removal be? It should be added to
> the sysprefs wiki too. I can do it if needed.

I would think it should be something like this:

[1] Remove all code that uses the syspref.
[2] Remove all references to the syspref from preferences/*.pref.
[3] Remove all references to the syspref from the installer SQL for all
localizations.
[4] Add an update to updatedatabase.pl deleting the preference from the
systempreferences table.

Regards,

Galen
--