[Koha-devel] [ESI-LIKELY_SPAM]Re: Signed off patches to the patches list?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 17 16:10:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> This works without people getting confused about what master is? It
> sounds like a great idea, especially when sharing work with other
> developers (e.g. I can't give people commit access to the catalyst repo,
> even if I wanted to.)

Yes.  The way it works in Evergreen is that there's a working
repository [1] separate from the main Evergreen repository.  Anybody
who has an SSH key registered with the Gitolite installation managing
Evergreen's Git server can push branches to the working repo.  It's
currently configured so that a person could push a branch starting
with user/$username and have exclusive access to push to that branch,
or push to a branch starting with collab/$username to allow anybody to
also push to that branch.

[1] http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=summary

Regards,

Galen