[Koha-devel] Default search options in the OPAC

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 17:46:49 CEST 2012

Salvete!

> I am not feeling comfortable with adding more search options to the masthead
> search bar too. As you wrote it should be simple to use and we already offer a
> lot of options there.
>
> One of the bugs noted that the full functionality can not be achieved by using
> jQuery, so maybe we can find another compromise.
>
> Perhaps this needs to be made configurable sometime in the future. Could we make
> it easy to use CSS to hide or even 'unhide' some of the options?

    This sounds like an idea for an interface and usability panel or committee. Would it be a helpful starting point if I screenshot what folks are talking about and then rearrange it how it would look in my world? I think some of the struggle we face in preferences now is from there still being a One Koha To Bind Them All in the stead of modules that are specific to different Library types. Yes, I do realise that I don't have any money for building modules, but it won't stop me from thinking that different preset out of the box skins and preference set ups would save a lot of user and vendor time in the long run.

    I appreciate you all for at least talking about it. It's part of what makes us different from ye olde proprietary vendors. :)

Cheers,
Brooke