[Koha-devel] Default search options in the OPAC

Marc Véron veron at veron.ch
Tue Sep 18 19:31:20 CEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 18:27, schrieb Owen Leonard:

> - Is it a (mostly-) common goal that the OPAC default search options
> be simple and few?

This patch just expands the choice in the drop down list from 7 to 8
options (), and the meaning of the additional choice is clear. I do not
think that users will get lost in complexity with this additional choice.

I signed off because somebody seems to need this additional option -
otherwise no patch would have been submitted.

> - If not, should the solution be something more structured than
> javascript-based customizations?

Agree - but this is something that could easily be done for a future
release, e.g. some syspref setting where you can choose what to display in
the search options.

Marc