[Koha-devel] [Koha] 3.8.4 staff main page

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Sep 19 10:48:16 CEST 2012

Op 17-09-12 18:22, Paul schreef:
> What value of "bad"? A simple, fully functional, easy, reversible, move
> (not rewrite) of a single line of code, is bad?

To add to what Chris N said, every change is something you have to be
aware of and track whenever you do an upgrade.

> This does not appear to function - the focus remains fixed on the first
> tab - despite trying a copy/paste of your suggestion, and various
> combinations of:

Darn, I didn't consider older versions of jquery-ui.

>         $('#header_search').tabs({selected:#catalog_search});
>         $('#header_search').tabs('select', '#catalog_search');
>
> with and without single quotes and|or hash marks.

For what it's worth, # indicates that it's an id (as in <div
id='header_search'>) and single or double quotes don't matter so long as
you're consistent within a string.

>> 5) go have a beer because that was pretty quick :)
>
> Probably not -- and I'm pretty close to being teetotal; last time I had
> a glass of anything alcoholic was champagne at my wedding in 1963.

alcoholvrij beer is a thing around here, I discovered :)

>> then
>> consider that perhaps you had too many beers, and talking to bits of
>> software is rarely constructive. Put your phone away so you don't
>> drunk-dial someone.
>
> Now that's a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

It's just a precaution, you never know ;)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.