[Koha-devel] Bug Numbers in Update Database

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:15:59 CEST 2012

Hello all,

In the past we were all putting bug numbers in our updatedatabase
messages like this:

    Upgrade to 3.09.00.034 done (Bug 8207: correct typo in authority types)

But more and more I'm seeing this:

    Upgrade to 3.09.00.035 done (Adding PrefillItem and
SubfieldsToUseWhenPrefill sysprefs)

When documenting new features I often need to refer to the bug report
to get more information but without the bug number I have to do
searches to find the right bug and it can sometimes be easy - but
sometimes not so much.

Can we start putting our bug references in our updates?

Thanks in advance,
Nicole C. Engard
Documentation Manager