[Koha-devel] Cataloguing authorities 3.6/3.8

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Sep 25 18:07:43 CEST 2012

At 09:04 PM 9/24/2012 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Jared Camins-Esakov
><jcamins at cpbibliography.com> wrote:
>However, there was a bug in Koha 3.8.1-3.8.4
> > that made the links not show up in searches. I believe it has been fixed in
> > 3.8.5. I do not have a bug number off the top of my head.
>
>8071?

I realize that I will be told "this is not the way to do it", but ...

Bug 8071 has "4 files changed". The 3.8.5 tarball has

  /authorities/blinddetail-biblio-search.pl
  /C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm
  /C4/Biblio.pm

but I can't find  .../authorities/blinddetail-biblio-search.tt -- is this
generated? or where can I find it?

It exists on my sandbox and production as
/usr/share/koha/intranet/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/authorities/blinddetail-biblio-search.tt
-- the lines correspond (more or less) to the "attachment" for the bug, but
I cannot follow the edit:

what does @@ -13,24 +13,6 @@ mean?  I can rem out lines 13-24 (actually
17-33 in my 3.8.4 according to the "-" lines that Fridolyn SOMERS wrote),
but what is +13,6? I don't see an obvious "+".

I need to get our production server running after proof of concept on the
sandbox.  Can someone please tell me where to find a "modded bug 8071" copy
of blinddetail-biblio-search.tt?

At the moment, our cataloguers have put about 450 biblios into our
production database since we upgraded to 3.8.4 on 14 September - either I
can get 3.8.4 past this glitch, or I can restore 3.6.1 on the production
server and tell our cataloguers to start over ...

Again, I realize that I will be told "this is not the way to do it", but I
tried installing|upgrading 3.8.5 over the top of 3.8.4 (on the sandbox,
using 'perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log') and ended up with a bigger muddle
(only in part attributable to our customization, but my customization
scripts were written for 3.8.4, so I would have to start over) so need to
try just replacing the 4 files (sandbox restored from backup to 3.8.4 - now
working pre-bug8071 again.)

Thanks for your understanding.

Paul