[Koha-devel] Cataloguing authorities 3.6/3.8

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Sep 30 18:00:39 CEST 2012

Still trying to get authorities to link in 3.8, until now based on bug
(8071), but have come across bug 7284 (included in 3.6.5?) but am now
confused by
<http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug7284_authority_matching_improvement#New_systempreferences_are_created_by_the_upgrade>
which states in more general terms "If you upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8, the
authority matching won't work anymore until you've updated the zebra
configuration file". It also says that file:

etc/[koha/?]zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities/koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl

should exist -- but it is absent from my 3.8 (the other two are there) in
production and the sandbox:

paul at nelson:/etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities$ ls
authority-koha-indexdefs.xml  authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl  record.abs

Given that our "master" db comes from 3.6.1, am I missing an intermediate step?

tnx and br -- paul